At Northway Bank we take the health and safety of our customers and employees as our highest priority.
For the past several months, Northway Bank has been working diligently to ensure the health and well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we serve. We continue to keep the health and safety of all a top priority as we navigate through the pandemic together.
PPP LOAN UPDATE as of 05/05/2021:
Business Banking PPP Loan Update: The SBA announced on 5/5/2021 that PPP loan funds have been exhausted - Northway Bank will no longer accept applications for PPP loans. Please refer to www.sba.gov for information about additional financing opportunities. Applications for PPP Loan Forgiveness has not been not affected by this change, information is available here.
Information for the 2021 Economic Impact Payment (stimulus check) can be found here as it becomes available: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment.
Please refer to setting up a deposit alert below in your Online Banking account so that you can be notified if/when your Economic Impact Payment has been direct deposited to your account.
As of Wednesday, March 3, 2021, we will increase access to the lobbies of all of our branches for walk-in banking. While lobby access is always available by appointment, appointments are no longer required. In an effort to keep you, our employees, and communities safe, we have provided some key information below.
|Branch lobbies are open during our standard/posted hours. In support of social distancing, we are limiting the number of guests allowed in each branch at any time.|
|For the safety of every customer and employee, face masks continue to be required in all branches.
|Floor markings have been placed in each branch to provide customers with the ability to achieve 6’ social distancing.|
|Stop the spread – if you feel sick, please do not enter a branch. We are happy to service you at a drive-up, over the phone, or by using online chat with our Customer Service team.|
As noted in the press release from the IRS, linked above, initial direct deposited Economic Impact Payments are expected to begin arriving with an official payment date of Monday, January 4, 2021. If this round of Economic Impact Payments goes like those received earlier this year in April, individual payments may continue to be received over the course of several days. For those receiving paper checks, mailing of those checks is expected to begin on Wednesday, December 30, 2020. We encourage Northway Bank customers to utilize Online Banking to set-up an alert ("Receiving Incoming ACH Credits") so that you can be notified if/when your Economic Impact Payment has been direct deposited to your account.
- Login to your Online Banking account
- Click on "Options"
- Click on "Alerts"
- Click on "Edit Event Alerts"
- Click on one of the following alert type options for "Receiving Incoming ACH Credits"
a. Email - your email address must be added to your Online Banking for you to receive this notification via email
b. Login - you would be notified at your next login following the deposit
c. Text - your mobile phone number must be added to your Online Banking for you to receive this notification via text
- When you are done, be sure to click "Submit" to save your changes. You will begin receiving alerts when ACH credit (deposit) activity occurs.
On Monday, July 13th, we will increase access to the lobbies of all 16 of our branches for walk-in banking with the following safety measures:
|In support of social distancing, we are limiting the number of guests allowed in each branch at any time.|
|Floor markings have been placed in each branch to provide customers the ability to achieve 6’ social distancing if a teller is not immediately available.
|For the safety of every guest and employee, everyone entering a branch will be required to wear a face mask.
|Clear acrylic shields have been installed at each active teller station and banker’s desk to help protect customers and employees.
|In addition to enhanced regular branch cleanings, commonly used surfaces are being sanitized multiple times each day.
For assistance setting-up or using our Online or Mobile Banking, please reach out to your local Northway Bank branch or call our Customer Service Center at 800-442-6666. To enroll in personal Online Banking, please visit https://www.northwaybank.com/personal/online-banking.
Thank you for the continued trust that you place in us by allowing us to take care of your banking needs. We deeply appreciate your business and remain committed to providing you with a safe banking environment.
|Drive-up Teller||In-branch Appointment|
steps we are taking
- Northway has a dedicated Business Continuity/Pandemic team that is meeting on a daily basis to ensure that we keep everyone safe while still meeting the needs of our customers.
- We’ve supplemented our regular cleaning procedures with extra sanitizing of frequently used/touched surfaces and fixtures and are educating branch teams on best practices recommended by the CDC.
- We have also asked our staff to stay home if they are ill, if they have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, or if they have recently traveled to an area identified by the CDC as warranting self-quarantine.
- We have implemented internal “social distancing” techniques to minimize the typical face-to-face contact by utilizing teleconference calls, video conferencing, and flexible workspaces. In addition, we kindly ask all of our customers to help us maintain a handshake-free zone at all Northway Bank locations.
Banking Options That Support Social Distancing
- Drive-up Teller Service - Each of our 16 branches is equipped with drive-up teller service (except for Concord) which can be utilized to promote social distancing and eliminate the need for you to come into a branch. Branch lobby and drive-up teller service business hours are always kept current and available here.
- Online Banking - If you are not already an Online Banking customer, you can enroll here.
- Mobile Banking - If you are not already a Mobile Banking user, you can learn how to download the app and activate Mobile Banking here.
- Text Banking - Get basic account information in seconds by texting Northway Bank a simple command.
- Telephone Banking - Our Customer Service Center is available at 800-442-6666, Monday through Friday 8am to 6pm and Saturday 8am to noon. 24-Hour Automated Telephone Banking can be reached at 888-568-6310.
- Find the nearest Northway Bank ATM - With a Northway Bank debit or ATM card at one of our ATMs, you can make a deposit, withdrawal, transfer between accounts, or simply make an account balance inquiry.
Employee Direct Deposit - We strongly encourage the use of direct deposit for your employees. If you do not offer this service and want to learn more, please contact us.
Remote Deposit Capture – If you deposit a larger volume of checks, our commercial remote deposit capture solution is available. To learn more, please contact us.
- You can Contact Us in several ways for further assistance.
Links to helpful information and valuable resources
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- FDIC: Frequently Asked Questions for Bank Customers Affected by Coronavirus (PDF 62KB)
The COVID-19 pandemic situation is described as fluid, changing day to day. Criminals have been very active in this environment. They have already started to profit from this crisis. Most of the scams are based on known fraud tactics, but slightly varied in context to prey upon people’s fears surrounding the virus to facilitate the crimes.
- FBI - to report internet frauds
- FTC - specific for coronavirus scams
- FinCEN - coronavirus updates
- USA.gov - federal government response
- National Center for Disaster Fraud Hotline - 866-720-5721
- National Center for Disaster Fraud Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- FTC - specific for complaints
- Cybercrimes - Report to FBI