Go to Peak Checking
True Rewards Checking
Go to True Rewards Checking
TrueNorth Relationship Checking
Go to TrueNorth Relationship Checking
Go to Compare Accounts
Locate our Routing Number
Go to Locate our Routing Number
Peak checking Features
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance required
- Unlimited check writing
- eStatements required
- Debit card Dime-a-Time cash back1
- One fee-free non-Northway ATM withdrawal2 per monthly statement cycle
- One fee-free overdraft3 per year
- One free iTunes® download per monthly statement cycle4
2ATM withdrawal made at any ATM in the U.S. that is not owned by Northway Bank. Fee assessed by ATM owner rebated within the statement cycle month of occurrence.
3The Overdraft Fee (item paid) or NSF Fee (item returned) per year will occur in the same statement cycle in which the corresponding overdraft occurs.
4Maximum value $1.29. Purchases must be made using your Northway Bank debit card to qualify, and must be made and posted in the statement cycle following the cycle in which the reward was earned. Reimbursement will be credited to your account within 60 days of your purchase. iTunes is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Convenient ways to access your Peak checking account
Peak checking Fees
True Rewards Features
- Interest earned on balances of $1,000 or more1
- Unlimited checkwriting
- eStatements or paper statements available at no charge
- Debit card Dime-a-Time cash back2
- Two fee-free non-Northway ATM withdrawals3 per monthly statement cycle
- Two fee-free overdrafts4 per year
- Two free iTunes® downloads per monthly statement cycle5
2Earn $0.10 cash back for each signature-based debit card transaction paid on the last day of the statement cycle month in which the debit transaction occurs.
3ATM withdrawal made at any ATM in the U.S. that is not owned by Northway Bank. Fee assessed by ATM owner rebated within the statement cycle month of occurrence.
4The two Overdraft Fees (items paid) or NSF Fees (items returned) per year will occur in the same statement cycle in which the corresponding overdraft occurs.
5Maximum value $2.58. Purchases must be made using your Northway Bank debit card to qualify, and must be made and posted in the statement cycle following the cycle in which the reward was earned. Reimbursement will be credited to your account within 60 days of your purchase. iTunes is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Convenient ways to access your True Rewards account
True Rewards Fees
- Average collected balance of $500 during the statement cycle, or
- If primary account owner maintains $5,000 combined average collected balance (as the primary, joint owner, or trustee) in checking, savings, and money market accounts, and ledger balance of CDs, IRAs, and consumer and residential mortgage loans during the statement cycle.
TrueNorth relationship Features
- Unlimited check writing
- No ATM fees in the U.S. – fees charged by non-Northway ATMs will be reimbursed1
- Earn competitive interest on every dollar and premium interest for banking electronically2
- Free automatic transfers from a related savings or money market account to avoid overdrafts3
- 50% discount on a Northway safe deposit box4
- Free checks – up to four boxes of TrueNorth checks per year5
- eStatements or paper statements at no cost
- Eligibility for a TrueNorth Relationship Money Market Account offering premium rates
2A minimum of 15 electronic transactions (Bill Pay, POS, ATM, ACH, deposits made through the Mobile Deposit Application) posted and cleared per statement cycle are required to earn the premium interest rate. Premium interest rates are tiered and variable. Rates are subject to change without notice.
3Overdraft Sweep is a service that automatically moves money from a linked checking, savings, or money market account to cover an overdraft or part of an overdraft, provided the funds are available in the linked account.
4Safe deposit boxes subject to availability. Availability may vary by location.
5TrueNorth checks are available exclusively through Northway Bank.
Convenient ways to access your TrueNorth relationship account
TrueNorth relationship Fees
- $25.00 monthly service fee; monthly service fee waived if primary account owner maintains a $25,000 average collected balance as the primary, joint, or trustee in checking, savings, and money market accounts, and ledger balance of CDs, IRAs, and consumer and residential loans during the statement cycle.
|Minimum Balance to Avoid Service Charge||N/A||$500∆||$25,000◊|
|Monthly Service Charge||No*||$5.00∆||$25.00◊|
|Interest Bearing||No||Yes > $1,000||Yes|
|Free Checks (up to 4 boxes per year)||No||No||Yes|
|No ATM Fees for Non-Northway ATMs||No||No||Yes|
|Safe Deposit Box Discount||No||No||Yes|
|Free Debit Card||X||X||X|
|Overdraft Protection Services Available
|Free Online Banking and Bill Pay
|Mobile Banking and Mobile Deposit
|Dime-a-Time Option Available
|Statement Options||eStatement* or Paper ($3.00)||eStatement or Paper||eStatement or Paper|
|More >||More >||More >|
∆ If average daily balance of $500 or combined balances of $5,000 in checking, savings, CDs, IRAs, consumer loans, or residential mortgages is maintained there will be no monthly fee, otherwise $5.
◊ If average collected balance of at least $25,000 in any combination of checking, savings, CDs, IRAs, consumer loans, or residential mortgages with Northway is maintained there will be no monthly fee, otherwise $25.
Northway Bank Routing Number: 011700425
This nine-digit identifier can be seen printed on your checks, to the left of your account number. The image below shows where the routing number appears on a Northway Bank check.
- Date the check (month/date/year) with the date you are writing the check.
- Write the name of the person or company you want to pay.
- Write the amount of the check using numbers (show the dollars followed by the cents).
- This line is normally pre-printed with the word “dollars” at the end of the line. Write the dollar amount of the check using words. Cents should follow the dollars and be shown as a fraction in hundredths. Example: 15 cents is 15/100. Put a line through any remaining space available.
- Sign your name using the signature you used when you opened your checking account.
- (optional) If asked to write the invoice number on the check, use the Memo space.
Check writing FAQS
A: Four hundred fifty two and no/100.
Q: How do I write a dollar amount of $1,350.75?
A: One thousand three hundred fifty and 75/100.
Q: How do I write a dollar amount of $0.75?
A: Zero and 75/100.
A: A check made payable to Jane Sample or John Sample must only be endorsed by one of the two when presented for payment. A check made payable to Jane Sample and John Sample must be endorsed by both Jane Sample and John Sample before it can be presented for payment.
A: A check should never be issued unless the maker has enough funds in his/her checking account to pay the check. Issuing a future-dated check, also called a “post-dated check”, is never a good idea. Once a check is issued, it can be deposited immediately.
A: Write VOID in large letters on the face of the check then destroy it. White-out cannot be used to correct an error on a check.